Welcome, International/EAL Students!
Cultural and social diversity is a cornerstone of Armbrae Academy, and it is essential to our long-term success. We know our International/EAL Students make up a particularly important part of our school community and we are striving to be supportive and help ease the journey.
It is our promise that all staff and faculty at Armbrae will work diligently to provide all our students with a welcoming and caring atmosphere where our students' success is at the core of everything that we do.We are here to help our students have a life-changing and inspiring learning experience at Armbrae. Our International/EAL student advisory team, academic team, and administrative team will support students with any aspect of their transition to Armbrae in Halifax, NS Canada.
Armbrae works with an experienced team who collaborates with International/EAL Students, families, and agents to guide students through the admissions process. Upon inquiry, our team will work with you to gather the necessary information.
Armbrae Admission Process:
- Step 1: Complete Armbrae's online application form at armbrae.myoneschool.com
- Step 2: We will contact you to organize an entrance interview, academic testing, and an English equivalency test. Testing may take place virtually or in person.
- Step 3: Send school reports for the last two years to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 4: If your application is successful, we will send you a letter of offer. Please note that if the test results indicate that a child needs additional English language proficiency support, then they will be enrolled into an EAL class/course. For students in Grades 7-12, this EAL course will take the place of French in the child’s timetable.
Offers must be accepted and associated fees paid within the timeframe outlined in the offer letter.
International/EAL Students Tuition Fees
- Application Fee: $150.00
- Tuition Grades Primary-6: $25,488.00
- Tuition Grades 7-12: $25,488.00
- Admission fee (one time): $2,500.00
- Uniform fee: $500.00-$600.00
- Homestay Application & Placement Fee: $100.00
- Homestay Monthly Fee: $1,000.00